Duration: 4 hours
Type of Service: Tasting Naples - Half Walking / Half Driving Tour
Book your private Food Tasting Tour and discover Naples with a walking tour through some of its well-known delicacies! Naples is one of the most ancient cities in Europe. It was founded by the Greeks and ruled by many different countries – Romans, Byzantines, Germans, Normans, French, Spanish and Austrians – that left an indelible mark not only on the cultural heritage of the city but also on its food tradition! The best way to explore a foreign city is to smell and taste it!
During the walking tour you will experience the thrill of traveling through time, history, architecture and culture and you will be able to enjoy some of the most important monuments of one of the oldest cities in Europe. Your local English Speaking Escort will bring you to some of the most beautiful areas and key locations: from the Royal Naples, the city’s modern heart, to the Historic Centre listed by Unesco as a World Cultural Heritage Site. This private excursion will take you to the boulevards, the churches, the squares, the narrow streets and the most prestigious buildings of the town (Royal Palace, the Maschio Angioino Castle, the Opera House, the Church of Santa Chiara and so on) to fully appreciate Naples’s historic charm. The town offers indeed a wide range of places that can be visited according to your interests and feelings.
Food is an important part of Naples cultural heritage, spirit and identity. Your tour escort will accompany you off the beaten path, through the lively narrow streets and hidden corners of the town to let you immerse inside the food scene of one of the greatest culinary centers of Italy: with your ultimate food experience you will have the chance to taste traditional local specialties such as the rich coffee tradition of the well-known Neapolitan Espresso, some of the local amazing pastries and the most popular delicacies of Naples bakery tradition. The Tarallo, local salty biscuit enriched with almonds and black pepper, the Pizza Margherita, the queen of Neapolitan and Italian food culture in the world and the famous Limoncello liqueur.
Meet your local expert guide and intimate group of just 10 people or fewer in the heart of Naples before embarking on this mind and palate-opening experience.
Things to Know:
- Part walking tour/ part driving tour - private tour
- During the walking tour you will experience the thrill of traveling through time, history, architecture and culture and you will be able to enjoy some of the most important monuments of one of the oldest cities in Europe
- Food tastings from authentic local vendors
- You will experience the full flavor of Naples lifestyle, cuisine and heritage in a single excursion
- Expert local English-speaking guide
- Tour is offered March - November
- Tour is offered Monday - Saturday
- Tour time is: 9:00am and 1:00pm, based on availability
- Meeting Location Point: Hotel in Center City or Naples Train Station - more details given upon booking
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes