Duration: 8 hours
Type of Service: Etruscan Sites, Off the beaten path hilltop town, top end winery visits with farm to table Tuscan home-made meal - Chianti Tour from Florence
Comfortable pick up from your hotel, scenic drive along the Chianti Classico area with a full explanation of the region with cultural insights.
The first stop will be at a small medieval hilltop town still a living community which keeps the village immaculate as the 9th century to get an off the beaten path experience away from the crowds and big tourists centers. The walk through the village will be escorted by your driver/guide to give you a fun, educational tour and learn about historical curiosities anyway do not expect a museum and churches tour but be ready to fill your eyes with a movie-like setting.
Next, you will visit a small Etruscan site to get a historical and archeological introduction about Tuscan's ancestors, and afterward, you will be a visit to a family run winery with cellar visit and winemaking explanation followed by a farm to table meal with wine pairing plus a tasting of extra virgin olive oil.
After lunch, enjoy a relaxing car ride back to Florence as your English-speaking tour guide/driver shares great conversations with you and answers any questions you might have about wine and the Chianti region.
Things to Know
- Day trip from Florence to the beautiful Chianti wine region
- Anna's tours are full day minivan excursions, a minimum of 3 participants is required and maximum size of 8 participants
- Tour offered Monday to Sunday (Mid-March – Mid-November)
- Tour pick-up time is between 9:00am – 9:30am based on number of participants
- During winter times, tours might be limited to weekdays only - please inquire about times
- Pick-up and drop off directly at your lodging from central city of Florence or Siena (from Siena a minimum of 3 pp per booking)
- Tour the wine cellars with an expert guide
- Savor a fresh lunch of authentic Tuscan specialties
- This is one of the best red wine production areas in the world and this tour is very flexible and relaxed
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking or tennis shoes