Duration: 6 hours
Type of Service: Tuscany Wine and Olive Oil Trail – small group tour
Carefully designed to offer an all-round immersive Chianti wine experience. Our signature Tuscany Wine and Olive Oil Trail Tour leads you down country roads and vineyards, through the cellars and straight under the labels and into the bottles of one of the world's most exceptional wines: Chianti!
Enjoy the exclusive privileges of exploring Chianti and Chianti Classico in a small group, aboard a minivan, with the expert guidance of a sommelier throughout your tour.
Renowned worldwide for its precious ruby-red blends the Chianti hillside is quite unique: a sea of softly rolling hills dotted by swaying cypresses, olive groves and golden farmhouses and a myriad of extensive vineyards. This is the land of the black rooster - il Gallo Nero - which you can see defiantly looking out of all the signs along the countryside roads and labels, the land where back in 1872 the ideal percentage of different grapes (Sangiovese, Canaiolo and others) used to make the area's namesake wine was discovered.
Explore the marvelous realm of wine in its very kingdom, learn about the history, the peculiar characteristics, the different tastes and aromas.
Your tour includes visiting two wineries and an ancient olive oil mill.
The mill boasts ancient architectural features and modern technology and produces delicious gourmet olive oil. Enjoy learning about the centuries-old olive oil tradition, the harvesting and pressing process, and finally savor the unique, full, flavor of the estate oil.
Experience the thrill of exploring the cellars lined with precious blends (both wineries are internationally renowned and acclaimed), learning about wine production in general and about the two different approaches and techniques, while savoring the very best of the estate blends.
At the end of the tour, you will savor a typical Tuscan lunch.
Things to Know:
- Small-group tour experience ensures personalized attention - 16 people or less
- Guided visit to an olive oil mill with olive oil tasting
- Guided visit to a prestigious winery with wine tasting
- Guided visit to a boutique winery with wine tasting
- Enjoy a delicious Tuscan lunch with wine
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes
- Tour is offered year-round with transportation in a comfortable mini-van
- Tour starts at 9:30am / Tour check-in at 9:15am
- Meeting point location: Piazza della Repubblicca - more details upon booking