Duration: 10 hours
Type of Service: VIP Brunello Wine Tour - semi-private tour
Delve into the famous Tuscan wine region to educate yourself in the “King of Italian Wine”.
On this true wine experts tour, discover the world famous, Wine Spectator’s prized Brunello di Montalcino - one of the most renowned wines worldwide, and arguably one of the most esteemed wines in all of Italy.
The Brunello wine is especially known for its longevity that you can store a bottle of Brunello wine even for 100 years! Americans have a tremendous thirst for Montalcino's flagship wine, buying roughly 175,000 cases each year, and has become one of the most famous wines in the world, prized and praised by important wine critics, wine collectors and wine lovers.
In Tuscany’s most beautiful panorama, skirting the city of Siena, the Brunello di Montalcino territory offers the perfect microclimate. More so, the wine is given a maturation of about 5 years before it hits the shelves - which is part of what makes Brunello so unique and so precious!
Visit two of our favorite wine cellars producing from the same Sangiovese grapes. In the smaller boutique winery sample and taste Brunello DOCG together with an abundant traditional multi-course Tuscan lunch.
By visiting two wine cellars different in size and wine making philosophy, you will better understand the nuances between innovation and tradition in Brunello wine production.
Besides our knowledgeable guide giving pointers on how to best taste the wines during the tasting, you will also have a chance to visit, together in a small group, a typical medieval village town. While strolling down the little windy roads and alleys, you will hear stories of this adorable little UNESCO hamlet village.
Things to Know:
- Tour is offered April – October
- Tour is offered daily based on availability / 10-hour tour – 8:30am to 6:30pm
- Tour begins at 8:30am / Tour check-in at 8:15am
- Enjoy Tuscan top wines in a very exclusive and small group tour of 8 people
- Roundtrip Transportation from Florence by comfortable minivan
- Wine Tastings in each winery, including the sumptuous Brunello DOCG
- Typical Tuscan Lunch
- Meeting Point Location:Piazza della Repubblica – more details are given upon booking
- Wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Tour Cost for 18 years to adult $244.00 per person
- Tour Cost for 6 to 17 years of age $120 per person